Why is the Tab named "Resources"

toad

Managed Customer
It seems a little misleading. I'm not exactly sure what a "resource" is. I looked in the dictionary but it confused me a little. I'm guessing it's a term XenForo invented for "downloads" ?

Wouldn't the tab make more sense if it was "Services" instead? Since everything inside that tab you provide is "services"

I always wondered about the "Resources" and why xenforo picked it. I always thought "Downloads" would be better. Must be a develper term?

Tab.PNG

It's the resource manager from XenForo, which is why the tab says Resources.

If you look at the Wikipedia entry:

A resource is a source or supply from which benefit is produced. Typically resources are materials, energy, services, staff, knowledge, or other assets that are transformed to produce benefit and in the process may be consumed or made unavailable. Benefits of resource utilization may include increased wealth, meeting needs or wants, proper functioning of a system, or enhanced well being. From a human perspective anatural resource is anything obtained from the environment to satisfy human needs and wants.[1] From a broader biological or ecological perspective a resource satisfies the needs of a living organism (see biological resource).[2]

I could change the phrases used, but I've left it as is.

Back