XF2.3

Matt

Owner
Finally started testing the upgrade to 2.3

Took a while to get the addons sorted out, but seems most of them I have installed work OK. Theme is a mess though, so I've started re-creating it based on the new default theme, and working on the dark style as well.

1720452159610.webp

Addons I've found so far not working with XF2.3

I'll add to my list as I find more stuff broken.

Had to also disable:
Search Improvements
Elasticsearch Essentials

Last edited:
Ever since Brivium left years ago i stopped upgrading my forum. I really liked that dudes add-ons. He had some awesome add-ons that i couldn't replace. Unfortunately he got banned.

I've been meaning to look into upgrading one of my forums. One thing i love about xenforo is upgrading is super simple.

I've been playing around & installing other scripts and boy are they hard to upgrade. Always installing dependencies and what not.

I have upgraded two sites, but waiting for Xon's Conversation Essentials to be upgraded for the final one. I also took the opportunity to redo the themes from scratch. For me the theme is the best thing about 2.3

Just heard from xon 1 - 2 months for Conversation Essentials. Humph. I'm not one of those people desperate to upgrade but am very pleased with the new themes I've done so raring to get it out there now. But still there's the rebuild Elastic Search memory issue.

Mine times out and says no upgrade available, currently still on the latest 2.2 as a result. Never had an issue with upgrading until this version.

Tried disabling all addons and turning on dev mode in cloudflare, no help at all.

Mine times out and says no upgrade available, currently still on the latest 2.2 as a result. Never had an issue with upgrading until this version.

Tried disabling all addons and turning on dev mode in cloudflare, no help at all.
Mike's is upgraded now.

I've just upgraded myself on here. Will live with a couple of addons disabled until Xon sorts them out.

Looking good Matt, although logo kind of disappears on mobile a bit.

I’ve upgraded the two very small forums but still waiting for xon Conversation Essentials on Cafesaxophone.

Looking good Matt, although logo kind of disappears on mobile a bit.

I’ve upgraded the two very small forums but still waiting for xon Conversation Essentials on Cafesaxophone.
Yeah, I previously removed the logo on mobile, and need to do the same on here. Noticed a few other bits in the style which are wrong.

Back