Migrating WP and Xenforo from shared hosting to managed VPS

optic

Customer
Hello Matt,

I've reached a bit of a brick wall and hoping you'll be able to help.

I'm trying to migrate my current website (WP home page with Xenforo forum on top) from VentraIP shared hosting to a new WiredTree managed VPS plan I just purchased.

We've had too many bouts of downtimes with VentraIP so decided to make the move to a VPS. Even with a manged one though I'm finding the options quite daunting especially with WHM.

WiredTree was really nice to migrate all our files and cPanel across with the mySQL databases. Checking FTP and phpmyadmin the files and database seem to have made it across but any WP or Xenforo page now turns up with a white page and times out.. I have a feeling something on the new VPS server environment is not playing nicely with the existing WP and Xenforo config files.

I was wondering if you offer any services to troubleshoot this sort of thing, and if needed maybe the migration might need to be done again if you think it's necessary.. Happy to PM you credentials for the existing service and new VPS for assessment and quote..

Look forward to your response.

Hello Matt,

I've reached a bit of a brick wall and hoping you'll be able to help.

I'm trying to migrate my current website (WP home page with Xenforo forum on top) from VentraIP shared hosting to a new WiredTree managed VPS plan I just purchased.

We've had too many bouts of downtimes with VentraIP so decided to make the move to a VPS. Even with a manged one though I'm finding the options quite daunting especially with WHM.

WiredTree was really nice to migrate all our files and cPanel across with the mySQL databases. Checking FTP and phpmyadmin the files and database seem to have made it across but any WP or Xenforo page now turns up with a white page and times out.. I have a feeling something on the new VPS server environment is not playing nicely with the existing WP and Xenforo config files.

I was wondering if you offer any services to troubleshoot this sort of thing, and if needed maybe the migration might need to be done again if you think it's necessary.. Happy to PM you credentials for the existing service and new VPS for assessment and quote..

Look forward to your response.
Hi @optic

Please start a PM with me and I'll happily take a look and quote for you.

Cheers,
Matt

Back