Looking for cheaper hosting...

19ninety

Hosting Customer
Hi,
I currently have a tiny forum, with just me posting to myself mostly. I moved from TSOhost cloud hosting to KnownHost as at the time TSO's cloud hosting wasnt playing nicely with Xenforo.
Well as times gone on and the forum isnt really getting busy other than some unique visitors and the usual spam bots, I'd like to move to a cheaper hosting package rather tahn closing it down, as its taken many many hours to create so far.
I currently pay $30.00 p/m, around £20.00, but would really like to reduce it as much as possible, would https://mattwservices.co.uk/resources/small-package.33/ be perfect for me?
Also, how hard is it to migrate from one host to another?

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Greg,

It's not hard to move at all. If you can let me have some details via PM about your current hosting, I can tell you what is needed to move the hosting to me, and how long it would take.

Cheers,
Matt

I like the sound of that, was a steep learning curve working out how to install cPanel from WHM, etc, so simple and easy is very appealing!

There's no urgent rush as have a couple of weeks left on the current months billing cycle. Just to check the price £3.00, is that per week or month?

I like the sound of that, was a steep learning curve working out how to install cPanel from WHM, etc, so simple and easy is very appealing!

There's no urgent rush as have a couple of weeks left on the current months billing cycle. Just to check the price £3.00, is that per week or month?
That's per month :)

That is affordable! How long would it take to migrate over?
Last question, are cache rebuilds that are run in Xenforo fast with your hosting? I only ask as the issue I had with cloud hosting (and why I went to a VPS) was that rebuilds would take nearly two hours...!

That is affordable! How long would it take to migrate over?
Last question, are cache rebuilds that are run in Xenforo fast with your hosting? I only ask as the issue I had with cloud hosting (and why I went to a VPS) was that rebuilds would take nearly two hours...!
If it's a small site, will be looking at probably 20 minutes to migrate over (need to take a backup, and import it, or do a direct import if you have root access to the current VPS).

Yes, rebuilds are fast. There are no usage limits, if the server is quiet, you can burst to the full dedicated server speed (all 8 CPU cores)

I was in the same boat as you were 19ninety . I am so glad I switched to Matt hosting. My only regret was not doing it sooner. My site is so much faster also. Hope to see you on board. (y)

OK I signed up for the medium as I checked the other day and I'm using more disk space than I expected!

Can sort out moving over over the next few days.

Damn I missed the notification for the last message :(
Is there anything I need to do preparation wise?

You will also need to close the existing forum so that no posts are made during the migration.

Back