Conversion to XF

adonismale

Hello Matt,

You're probably familiar with me from TAZ already :). I am exploring the possibility of a conversion from Invision Power to XenForo along with some of your other custom services.

In particular, I am interested in the following:
  • Conversion of IP.Board 3.4.7 of members, posts, topics, etc to XF 1.4.4. My board is rather small, with 8500 members and 3500 topics. I may prune before conversion which will dramatically reduce the stats.
  • Conversion of IP.Downloads to XF Resource Manager (this is high priority for me, since my downloads section contains files that have been shared by others so I don't have a physical backup myself)
  • General server tweaks for optimization, performance, security, etc.
  • General consultation and advice on XF

Thanks in advance :)
Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks for signing up. I've never actually done an IPB conversion before, so it's totally new to me.

The built in converter should be OK for a board with those figures, however, you would need someone to custom code an add-on to convert the IP.Downloads to the RM. I don't think one currently exists either
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-from-ip-board.69076/

I presume this would be a major stumbling block if you rely heavily on IP.Download.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
Hi Joel,

Thanks for signing up. I've never actually done an IPB conversion before, so it's totally new to me.

The built in converter should be OK for a board with those figures, however, you would need someone to custom code an add-on to convert the IP.Downloads to the RM. I don't think one currently exists either
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-from-ip-board.69076/

I presume this would be a major stumbling block if you rely heavily on IP.Download.

Cheers,
Matt

Hmm, I forgot that XenForo doesn't have a converter for IP.Downloads.

I will need to investigate how hard it would be for me to manually re-upload all of my files. It's not impossible ... just time consuming and potentially spanning many of my lifetimes :drowning:. I will also investigate a custom converter.

Excluding the IP.Downloads conversion, can you provide a general quote for the other services?

Oooh by the way, nice job to Audentio Designs for the skin. I just noticed the 4 / 4 posts that dynamically changes as I scroll through the posts.

Back