Conversion to XF

adonismale

Hello Matt,

You're probably familiar with me from TAZ already :). I am exploring the possibility of a conversion from Invision Power to XenForo along with some of your other custom services.

In particular, I am interested in the following:
  • Conversion of IP.Board 3.4.7 of members, posts, topics, etc to XF 1.4.4. My board is rather small, with 8500 members and 3500 topics. I may prune before conversion which will dramatically reduce the stats.
  • Conversion of IP.Downloads to XF Resource Manager (this is high priority for me, since my downloads section contains files that have been shared by others so I don't have a physical backup myself)
  • General server tweaks for optimization, performance, security, etc.
  • General consultation and advice on XF

Thanks in advance :)
Joel

Matt

Owner
Hi Joel,

Thanks for signing up. I've never actually done an IPB conversion before, so it's totally new to me.

The built in converter should be OK for a board with those figures, however, you would need someone to custom code an add-on to convert the IP.Downloads to the RM. I don't think one currently exists either
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-from-ip-board.69076/

I presume this would be a major stumbling block if you rely heavily on IP.Download.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:

adonismale

Hi Joel,

Thanks for signing up. I've never actually done an IPB conversion before, so it's totally new to me.

The built in converter should be OK for a board with those figures, however, you would need someone to custom code an add-on to convert the IP.Downloads to the RM. I don't think one currently exists either
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-from-ip-board.69076/

I presume this would be a major stumbling block if you rely heavily on IP.Download.

Cheers,
Matt

Hmm, I forgot that XenForo doesn't have a converter for IP.Downloads.

I will need to investigate how hard it would be for me to manually re-upload all of my files. It's not impossible ... just time consuming and potentially spanning many of my lifetimes :drowning:. I will also investigate a custom converter.

Excluding the IP.Downloads conversion, can you provide a general quote for the other services?

adonismale

Oooh by the way, nice job to Audentio Designs for the skin. I just noticed the 4 / 4 posts that dynamically changes as I scroll through the posts.