Update XF2 Upgrade

Matt

Owner
As I've been stripping back the addons used on here, I've bit the bullet and upgraded to XF2. Official addons are also updated to the XF2 version.

Missing features are the multi prefix for support threads, and the persistent alerts which were enabled on the support threads. These are addons from Xon, so I'm assuming they are all going to get an XF2 re-write at some point.

I've got some work to do on the site to get it looking how I want, but the upgrade went really well.

Matt

Owner
Yeah, the only real thing I'm going to miss until they are ported is the Multi Prefix and the Persistent Alerts, as they are used specifically for the support section.

Custom Thread Fields ....... I've uninstalled the old version, so data is gone, but not many people used them, and I've started manually creating the new fields, so if needed, people can re-add the data in.

Pete

Hosting Customer
Looking good Matt

Custom Thread Fields ....... I've uninstalled the old version, so data is gone, but not many people used them, and I've started manually creating the new fields, so if needed, people can re-add the data in.
This importer is something I'm still waiting for, TH have promised it will be done (soon) but if they charge an arm and a leg I'll also rebuild manually.

I'm also waiting for the Post Ratings importer for the new Content ratings by Xon as I know my members will complain if we lose some of their ratings (likes are obviously preserved without the addon and revert to the core xenforo likes).But they will lose all the dislikes, (Of course you ddidn't have any of those here).

Will the articles be back?

viper357

Hosting Customer
Hi Matt, did it pick up your style/colour scheme easily or did you have to do a bit of style work after the upgrade?

toad

Managed Customer
i have been playing around with xf2 and i love it!!

hopefully next year i will go ahead and update to xf2, there is many add-ons missing that are important for me, so thats delaying my update, but i love xf2,

your forum here looks great!! (y)

Pete

Hosting Customer
Matt couple of small issues with colours

The grey bar across the top of New posts is the same color as the filters link, so initially I thought the filter wasn't there.

FirefoxScreenshot041.png

Your Logo is similar colour to the Nav bar on mobile view.

FirefoxScreenshot042.png

Links in posts are difficut to distinguish from normal text

Pete

Hosting Customer
New posts (all not just unread) only showing me a couple of posts (= since the upgrade?)

Matt

Owner
New posts (all not just unread) only showing me a couple of posts (= since the upgrade?)
There have only been a few new posts in the public section.

Matt couple of small issues with colours

The grey bar across the top of New posts is the same color as the filters link, so initially I thought the filter wasn't there.

View attachment 5992

Your Logo is similar colour to the Nav bar on mobile view.

View attachment 5993

Links in posts are difficut to distinguish from normal text
Thanks, still need to figure how to tweak the theme.

Pete

Hosting Customer
It can be a bit fo a nighmare. I find the safest is to change default theme colours only to different colours but with same lightness.darkness

Adam H

Customer
The logo on mobile is poor design imo as many forums will contrast the header colour and navigation colour meaning the logo will always look terrible on mobile, unless ive missed a setting id rather the logo was centralised in the original header colour above the navigation rather than dropping down into the navigation. Having said that ive only looked at styling for about 15 mins as I wouldnt let my self look at XF2 until it was gold released........so could easily have missed a setting.