SoYouStart Vs OVH comparisons?

Twisted_pepper

Managed Customer
Hello all,
Okay we are seeking a dedi and after some talks and chats here, plus a mention in an email previously, I am considering taking Matt's advice and going with SYS OR OVH

The two I am looking at are these;

HOST-64L ;
Code:
        Intel  Xeon D
D-1520    4/8t 
2,2 / 2,6 GHz    64 GB of RAM
DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz    3 x300GB of SSD  SOFT    vRack 1 Gbps        
£63.69 excl. VAT/month

Serveurs dédiés HOSTING | Serveurs Dédiés- OVH

Or this one;
Server E3-SSD-4 - So you Start

Okay granted two quite different systems, but I must think ahead too..
Was wondering what people's thoughts are on OVH and SYS as a company as the two are the same aren't they, just one is a fledgling of the other?

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts and opinions.
And a direct question at Matt ;
One is pre order delivery the 10th of October.
Are you free shortly to consider migrating us again and should I make a small note of what we need (video support for uploading etc) if you can take this on, or do you already know/recall what we need?

Also can a panel be installed/are there any provided?
Many thanks in advance
:)

OVH is enterprise grade, where SYS is more "middle ground" older hardware. The SYS one you've linked to, you'll hardly ever find it in stock. OVH will get you more bandwidth (500mbps rather than 250mbps), and you'll get better hardware and network support if you do need it.

OVH is enterprise grade, where SYS is more "middle ground" older hardware. The SYS one you've linked to, you'll hardly ever find it in stock. OVH will get you more bandwidth (500mbps rather than 250mbps), and you'll get better hardware and network support if you do need it.

Okay thank you mate, sums it up really then! :)
You do get what you pay for after all...

Back