Slack

Matt

Owner
Is anyone else using Slack? I've only just started myself, but have been having a play with integration, and so far, I'm really liking it. I've got my WHMCS instance pushing events into Slack, Uptimerobot and Hetrixtools pushing alerts into it, and I've got my Google calendar sending events based on reminders and events.

I don't use slack on any of my servers, but i do use slack to chat with some people. Im not much of a chat software guy anymore. I prefer forums

I don't use slack on any of my servers, but i do use slack to chat with some people. Im not much of a chat software guy anymore. I prefer forums
I see slack as a "collaborative" tool, and I'm going to test it with a couple of people who I do some work for, as there are 3 people, spread over two offices, so it's going to be useful for discussing things regarding their site and the work on it.

I'm really liking the work flow I've got going with it though, as a lot of the stuff going into it was previously handled via email, and I'm all for cutting down on the number of emails I receive.

Centmin Mod has a private Slack channel for alot notifications Amazon SES/Route53, server monitors and RSS feeds for status, news, security update and github commit updates :) Love desktop and mobile apps for Slack :) Matt ;) ;) :)

Back