Sheffield Half Marathon

Matt

Owner
Ran this years Half Marathon on Sunday. I've been training for 4 months for it, and was hoping for a new PB.

I managed to take 4 minutes off last years time (which was a PB also),so was over the moon with the results. It was really warm as well, which took a lot of people by surprise.

Also purchased some of the official photos
20x30-YHMA0363.jpeg 20x30-YHMG1723.jpeg 20x30-YHMH0706.jpeg 20x30-YHMI0367.jpeg 20x30-YHMJ0287.jpeg

toad

Managed Customer
wow you are such an adventurous person

i rarely leave my room, and i'm not a big fan of running, i prefer walking, but i don't do much of that either

sport_billy

Hosting Customer
Nice one Matt. Really impressive time :) 4 mins off a PB is awesome. You are in the 1:30 club now.... that is serious running.

This is going to be an odd question but what running socks are you using? Would you recommend them? I have been using Thorlo's for years but have been getting blisters on my longer runs top of toes as they are rubbing.

What's the next race going to be?

Matt

Owner

sport_billy

Hosting Customer
Wiggle | X-Socks Run Speed Two Sock | Running Socks

I've got 4 pairs of them, they are brilliant. Highly recommend them.

This is the next one mate. First time I've done anything like this, with it being in sections.

Round Sheffield Run | Multi-Stage Trail Running Enduro | 25th June
Thanks Matt have ordered two pairs :) My feet will thank you I am sure.

Your next race looks like a cracker, some brutal climbs but every up has a down... can be equally punishing on the knees though...

I am ashamed to admit I have injured my knee in the most Middle-Class way on Saturday... I fell in a pond in a National Trust property :) The ducks were not impressed! My wife and mum found it hilarious though