Sheffield Half Marathon

Matt

Owner
Yesterday, I ran the Sheffield Half Marathon (I've ran it a few times now).

This was my fastest Half Marathon race time, and given the elevation on the course, I was over the moon with the time.

13007277_10156808226030615_1900284452211182208_n.jpg

This is the course elevation profile!
upload_2016-4-11_13-43-3.png

Will post some more pictures when I find myself tagged in them.

That is a tough 10k out Matt. I take it the course leads you through some great scenery? - As surely that climb is too huge just to be in the city.

Did you run negative splits? That is a seriously tough half marathon. Makes Wolves and Birmingham look like a walk in the park... I will never moan about the climb at the end of Birmingham again :)

Congrats on the PB. Seriously impressive. I couldn't dream of that on the flat, let alone that beast :)

That is a tough 10k out Matt. I take it the course leads you through some great scenery? - As surely that climb is too huge just to be in the city.

Did you run negative splits? That is a seriously tough half marathon. Makes Wolves and Birmingham look like a walk in the park... I will never moan about the climb at the end of Birmingham again :)

Congrats on the PB. Seriously impressive. I couldn't dream of that on the flat, let alone that beast :)
It starts in the middle of the city, and goes out to one side, and up into the country side. Sheffield is VERY hilly, and the hill we go up is one of the biggest. I ran negative splits (should hope so, as it was down hill for the 2nd part ;)).

I'm now switching my training for a fast 10km in July (hoping for 38 minutes as it's got a decent couple of hills in it)

Uh oh, well, be careful
My brother damaged both his knees at a young age due to skateboarding (impact damage) and they give him no end of (painful) grief now he's 30.

It's OK now. I've been having work done on it by a physio, and I had ITBS. Been out a couple of times now and not needed to strap it up.

It's OK now. I've been having work done on it by a physio, and I had ITBS. Been out a couple of times now and not needed to strap it up.

Ouch, I had ITBS in 2011, troubled me for months to a point I had to stop training and pull out of several runs, it was an absolute swine to get rid of till I found a physio with BIG heavy hands but he managed to fix it after two months of sports massage for good (hopefully) He is my go to guy now, absolute genius. Can't underestimate a good physio...

After watching the LDM yesterday, I did think maybe I should have one last go at training for a marathon, the only time I tried it was thwarted by injury ... so just don't know a) if i could commit the time to the long runs (I find training for halves time consuming enough) and b) If my knee could cope with mileage (tendonitus in the right one) plus 26 mile is a hell of a distance ain't it... You ever done one or considered it?

Back