1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Shared hosting servers have been migrated to EA4. Further details in here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. cp2.mattwservices.uk is now back up. Please see this thread : https://mattwservices.co.uk/threads/cp2-mattwservices-uk-currently-down.6044/
    Dismiss Notice

Update Maintenance Migration to EasyApache4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Matt, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

In the coming week, I'm going to need to start migrating the shared hosting servers over to EasyApache4. The build will be exactly the same (running PHP5.6), however, it will require a small amount of downtime on the servers while it rebuilds, and I get Memcached working again.

I'm going to be doing cp2.mattwservices.uk tomorrow night after 20:00 UTC. Should only take around 30 minutes to complete the work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matt

Matt Owner

I'm moving cp2.mattwservices.uk to EA4 now. Shouldn't cause much disruption.....hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matt

Matt Owner

This has now been completed. As part of this, multiple PHP versions are available for selection.

upload_2017-2-20_4-11-9.png

MutiPHP Manager

PHP5.4, PHP5.5 and PHP7.1 are available, but not configured, so PLEASE DON'T PICK ANY OF THOSE! The system default is PHP5.6 with Memcached available as a cache handler. PHP7 is available, which uses Libmemcached to interface with Memcached.

Both PHP5.6 and PHP7 have Ioncube loaded as well.

upload_2017-2-20_4-12-7.png

You can then pick the PHP version from the drop down menu on the right hand side.

If you are swapping to PHP7 or PHP7.1 and running XenForo, you need to update your config.php file to use the new Libmemcached handler

PHP:

$config['cache'] = array(
        'enabled'                      => true,
        'cacheSessions'                => true,
        'frontend'                     => 'Core',
        'frontendOptions'              => array(
            'caching'                  => true,
            'cache_id_prefix'          => 'NAME_',
            'automatic_serialization'  => false,
            'lifetime'                 => 0),
        'backend'                      => 'Libmemcached',
        'backendOptions'               => array(
            'servers'                  => array(
                array(
                    'host'             => 'localhost',
                    'port'             => 11211,
                    'weight'           => 1
                )
            )
        )
    );

Specifically, the 'backend' option from Memcached to Libmemcached. If you aren't confident doing this, please message me directly, and I'll move you over.

This is currently only available on cp2.mattwservices.uk, I've not done cpanel.mattwservices.uk yet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Matt

Matt Owner

Also a point to note for anyone running XenForo. You need to be running a minimum version of 1.5.0 (you should be on the latest version preferably), and if you are running Widget Framework addon from xfrocks, update to the latest version available from his site (2.6.X), as 2.5.X isn't compatible with PHP7

[bd] Widget Framework

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matt

Matt Owner

PHP7.1 is also available for selection now, and is compatible with Libmemcached.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matt

Matt Owner

Anyone running ImageMagick as the image processor might have some errors in their logs. I've fixed this thanks to viper357 for pointing out I'd missed the pecl install for it on the new builds.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Matt

Matt Owner

Starting to cpanel.mattwservices.uk now.

8. Matt

Matt Owner

Sites should already be back online using PHP5.6. Working on configuring PHP7 and 7.1

9. Matt

Matt Owner

All done. For all the sites which I have got admin access to, I've checked, and updated widget framework where applicable, and switched you over to PHP7.

I've also moved you over to Libmemcached for the caching mechanism.

10. viper357

viper357 Hosting Customer

Hi Matt, I assume PHP 7 or 7.1 is safe to move to from 5.6? Do I just change it in cpanel or is there anything else that needs to be done?

11. Matt

Matt Owner

As long as you are running the latest widget framework per my earlier post, you can simply switch to PHP7. XFMG has an issue with 7.1, which they fixed, so you need to be running the latest version of that to use 7.1

12. viper357

viper357 Hosting Customer

Ok thanks, and the Libmemcached, how is that done?

13. Matt

Matt Owner

You need to edit your config.php file.

I'm just off out to the Dr's, but I can help you when I get back.

• Like Like x 1