Man Vs Coast 2018

So, the BB Media Codes for Strava that I wrote for XF1 are broken since the migration to XF2, so I'm going to have to use the Garmin Connect version which is much easier to use.

Last edited:
So as part of my training plan for the Coastal race, I'm doing a 10k road race in March, and the Sheffield Half Marathon again in April. The current plan I'm training with is for a 1 hour 21 half marathon for the race in April.

Matt that looks amazing, watched the video - the scenery - wow! Had a flick through the website, sounds like you are going to get wet..... looks like a little paddling involved! Looks a great event, really tough - But with your training and running times nothing that you won't conquer. Hoping the weather will be kind on the day, the sea breeze is always a welcome friend but not with the rain.

Waterproof jacket looks really nice Matt, something you can't scrimp on. I bought one for £55 that let in mid race.... it ended up in a bush.

This makes me feel tired for you. Good luck mate, I'm hybernating at the moment, when the sun comes out again ill start "trying" to get fit again. ( Cycling not running lol )

Had an absolute mare last night. Because of the weather, I decided to wear my older Lunarglide 7 Flash, which are reflective and water repellent. I've not really worn these much since I bought them, and it was a big mistake.

I ended up having to cut the run short at 6km, and hobble back in order to preserve my feet. Should have just gone out in my usual trainers.

New speed training shoes purchased on Thursday.

Saucony Type A7's.

View attachment 6082

First run in them was yesterday on the track.

Nice buddy.

Are they a neutral shoe Matt? I use Flyknit racer by nike for races and Nike Vomeros for training, treadmill work, my vomeros help my knees training because they are really cushioned - just a little heavy for 10ks and I kept a few pairs new from back in the day in a box :) So I haven't had to stray from my trusty Vomero 3's.... I think they on 10's now. My flyknits are battered now so I need to explore other lightwieght shoes.

Had an absolute mare last night. Because of the weather, I decided to wear my older Lunarglide 7 Flash, which are reflective and water repellent. I've not really worn these much since I bought them, and it was a big mistake.

I ended up having to cut the run short at 6km, and hobble back in order to preserve my feet. Should have just gone out in my usual trainers.
Gutting man :( Nothing worse than ill fitting shoes.... Blisters are terrible.

Back