Man Vs Coast 2018

So, the BB Media Codes for Strava that I wrote for XF1 are broken since the migration to XF2, so I'm going to have to use the Garmin Connect version which is much easier to use.

Last edited:
So as part of my training plan for the Coastal race, I'm doing a 10k road race in March, and the Sheffield Half Marathon again in April. The current plan I'm training with is for a 1 hour 21 half marathon for the race in April.

sport_billy

Hosting Customer
Matt that looks amazing, watched the video - the scenery - wow! Had a flick through the website, sounds like you are going to get wet..... looks like a little paddling involved! Looks a great event, really tough - But with your training and running times nothing that you won't conquer. Hoping the weather will be kind on the day, the sea breeze is always a welcome friend but not with the rain.

Waterproof jacket looks really nice Matt, something you can't scrimp on. I bought one for £55 that let in mid race.... it ended up in a bush.

Had an absolute mare last night. Because of the weather, I decided to wear my older Lunarglide 7 Flash, which are reflective and water repellent. I've not really worn these much since I bought them, and it was a big mistake.

I ended up having to cut the run short at 6km, and hobble back in order to preserve my feet. Should have just gone out in my usual trainers.

sport_billy

Hosting Customer
New speed training shoes purchased on Thursday.

Saucony Type A7's.

View attachment 6082

First run in them was yesterday on the track.
Nice buddy.

Are they a neutral shoe Matt? I use Flyknit racer by nike for races and Nike Vomeros for training, treadmill work, my vomeros help my knees training because they are really cushioned - just a little heavy for 10ks and I kept a few pairs new from back in the day in a box :) So I haven't had to stray from my trusty Vomero 3's.... I think they on 10's now. My flyknits are battered now so I need to explore other lightwieght shoes.

sport_billy

Hosting Customer
Had an absolute mare last night. Because of the weather, I decided to wear my older Lunarglide 7 Flash, which are reflective and water repellent. I've not really worn these much since I bought them, and it was a big mistake.

I ended up having to cut the run short at 6km, and hobble back in order to preserve my feet. Should have just gone out in my usual trainers.
Gutting man :( Nothing worse than ill fitting shoes.... Blisters are terrible.