Is the UK crowded?

toad

Managed Customer
I was reading online that the population of the UK is about 64 million.

And the area of the UK is about 242,495 km

uk.gif

What's it like living in the UK?

We don't hear much about it here or the culture. I think the UK has netflix now, i was thinking of going on the British Netflix, ive seen some British movies and i like them.

Is the culture very different than western culture?

Last edited:
Most of that population is situated in the major Cities and large towns. I live out on the Norfolk Coast with country side around me, 3 small-ish cities with-in an hour drive ( Norwich, Peterborough, Cambridge ). Peterborough is the a horrible place and feels quite congested and dirty but the other two cities you actually wouldnt even think were cities ( when thinking in relation to London, Birmingham, Manchester etc ).

But I can see why an outsider may think its congested with figures and reports like this : Mapped: The world's most - and least - crowded countries

Doesnt paint a good picture of what most of the country is like, I mean around 20% of our entire 60+million population is London alone with out the large towns around it.

Yeah North Walsham isnt far away from where i grew up in the Fakenham/Dereham Area, I then moved out to Heacham and currently located in King's lynn until we move next year ( but will still be in the same area )

I don't think it's too heavily populated, but it is expensive to live here, I find
House prices seem to go up an awful lot every year, I wouldn't mind moving to Ireland at some point, house prices are much better, lot more land/house for your money, too.

Back