is the uk better off away from the e.u.?

toad

Managed Customer
In my opinion, they are better off away from the e.u., this way they can control their own decisions

i always thought the e.u. would fail in the long run, because i find it hard that many countries with different language and different cultures would get along, plus they use the same currency? how is it that many countries use the same currency, who really is in charge of making decisions in such a union,

i've never been to europe, and don't know much about what goes on over there, pretty much all we hear on the news and tv, is that muslims are taking over the u.k. and there is a lot of refugees trying to get into the u.k.

it seems all we hear is bad things going on in the u,k. i wish i could live there for a couple years to see what it is like there,

but from what i hear, e.u. is not a good thing?

The EU has some benefits like the common currency, euro. Not all EU countries use it, but I think it's much easier to order some goods from other EU countries. No customs or tax difficulties.

Then there are many problems. Some countries like Greece are sunken in bottomless debt while other countries are wealthier. Then the wealthier ones have been forced to put together many rescue programs to defy bank crisis, which has tried to burst in those countries with debt problem. That's, because the common currency is problematic with so different nations.

The muslims have been wondering around Europe but I don't know if it is a problem caused by EU. The problem is that they just try to kill each others in their own countries, so they've had to leave and look for more peaceful place to live. Without EU I don't know if the situation would be different as it is now. Perhaps it would be much harder for them to cross borders.

Sure there are much challenges for EU. I hope we will solve them.

i heard the EU wants to start their own army now, i think it's a bad idea

i heard their is also lots of protests going on in france right now,

i don't understand how it's possible in this current society for all those countries in Europe with different languages to all get along,

isn't just the uk that speaks english? in all of Europe, so all the countries have to learn english?

oh no!! what's happening lately, i don't understand

i read in the news today that british people voted not to leave? i thought they wanted to leave the EU last year, but why would they vote not to leave

i don't trust Theresa May!! there's something odd about her

help!! im stressed out about this

They voted for not to accept a brexit deal with EU.

Now the future is somewhat fuzzy. It can lead to hard brexit without any deal or even to cancellation of the brexit. Next weeks will be quite interesting.

The Brexit deal with the EU is for trade agreements etc. There are some problems (it’s not so easy to break off) and UK and EU negotiated a proposal for a mutual deal. However, that was rejected today in the parliament of UK.

I live in the EU region and I haven’t seen any opinions against UK leaving the European Union. It it their right.

UK and Ireland do speak English, but I think it’s very common to speak English between the EU people too. Most people here (at least in Finland) can understand English, so we quite often speak English with Swedish, Polish, German... people too.

EU countries have discussed for a cooperation in defence. I think that’s not so bad idea. We have a long border against Russia and they tend to behave a bit agressively sometimes. Not especially with with Finland, but the Baltic countries are a bit afraid of them.

The NATO has traditionally been a shield against Russia, but the future of NATO is unclear. I think Trump is a nutcase. He has sometimes said that US should leave NATO. That’s somewhat disturbing from a president of USA.

yes! i love trump! i also think the u.s. should leave nato

i know what the EU's secret plans are,

step1: it wants to to build it's own country (which is already has)
step2: it wants to build it's own army(which they are working on)
step3: it will make every country stop using their own country's currency and they will only be allowed to use the EURO
step4: they will get all the country's in the EU to get rid of their countries armies, (so the eu will be the only army)

then they will be officially a country,

but the only thing they don't have is an official language,

their plan is good, but the problem is the language, you need 1 language to unite people

people always dont like immigrants because of the language problem, they talk their own language and then others feel left out,

i think the EU should adopt 1 language only if they want to succeed like the United States

their plan is not good for the uk because then the uk will loose its army, sovereignty, and identity

it's hard to force citizens into a nation when all the other countries do not speak English natively

many people speak english in the EU but they dont speak it natively

but which language should they choose for thier EU country?

this is the problem

i don't know who is behind this plan, i think Germany is behind this plan!!

they are finally accomplishing what they wanted to accomplish in the past,

1 country, 1 army

but not 1 language, they might not be able to accomplish,

European-Union-EU-905x509.jpg

I think the technology will soon solve the most problems with different languages. One language is very useful, I have to admit.

Sorry for my comments about Trump. I don’t want to offend. But I have understood he is a very controversial figure in US also.

I think the purpose of the EU is basically a peace project. At WW2 Germany was in war with the majority of countries in Europe. When we have an economical union, it’s better to be in peace with each other.

I don’t see that Germany has too much influence in EU. We have France and many other countries too.

the "EU army" already begin to appear in france, with the protestors

Screenshot_2019-01-15_17-22-01.png

I think the technology will soon solve the most problems with different languages. One language is very useful, I have to admit.

i was thinking about this too, it will be super easy to translate languages in the future, translate in real time,
so there won't be any need to learn any languages because technology devices will translate perfectly

but i wonder if technology can replace the people's importance of feeling more of a connection with someone of their own language

Sorry for my comments about Trump. I don’t want to offend. But I have understood he is a very controversial figure in US also.
it's not a problem , i dont get offended by anyones comments, i respect anyone's opinion, and i like to hear anyones opinion

I think the purpose of the EU is basically a peace project. At WW2 Germany was in war with the majority of countries in Europe. When we have an economical union, it’s better to be in peace with each other.

I don’t see that Germany has too much influence in EU. We have France and many other countries too.

peace is always good, but the problem is many countries want to be the most powerful, so it's hard to have peace

the eu is bad for the united states because then the u.sa won't have much influence over EU

if the EU can have it's own country, it will be a powerful nation like america

but i dont want to live there if they speak too many languages,

i will only live in the uk in matts neighborhood

Back