Matt

Owner
I've recently moved my hosted e-mail from Rackspace to Gmail.

The main reason was I could only have a minimum of 5 accounts @ £1.5 + VAT each with Rackspace, so it was costing me almost £9 a month. I only really needed my mattwservices account hosted with a 3rd party, as that is where all my monitoring e-mails go to, so I need it to be online in case anything was to happen to the servers.

Gmail allows the hosted e-mail for a single account for £3.30 a month (£2.75 per month if you pay 12 months in advance).

So, I'm all converted, and their import tool worked great, so I didn't loose a single e-mail in the process.

I switched from using normal cpanel based email hosting with my old host, to Gmail, I was lucky enough to have a google apps account before it became a paid for service, so my personal email through Gmail, is free, yay.
Gmail is good, it's the best service I've used
I do however pay about $1.99 for their Google drive service, I mean $1.99 for 100gb of secure (I hope) storage space, is a bargain.

Gmail is good, it's the best service I've used
I do however pay about $1.99 for their Google drive service, I mean $1.99 for 100gb of secure (I hope) storage space, is a bargain.
I'm very impressed so far with it. For storage, I use my onedrive account with Microsoft, as with their office365 package you get 1TB each, and 5 accounts for £7 a month

Swapping between accounts is a breeze and bonus to.. been using Gmails hosted email for years and couldnt imagine going back to cpanel services.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm also VERY impressed with the search and tagging features.

Back