FTP Client of choice?

AdamD

Hosting Customer
What's everyone's choice of FTP client?

I've always used Filezilla, but lately I've bene using it more and it's just a real pain in the rear, I'm always getting file transfer failures and have to keep resetting/requeueing the files to transfer again.

I knew it was you who recommended it on Taz!
I just bought it, had a special offer popup, it was only $10!

$10 bargain!

I'll never use anything else while they are still releasing updates for it.

Only thing I'm not liking about Flashfxp, is there's no ability to upload multiple files at the same time, as there is with Filezilla.
In filezilla for instance, you could have 10 uploads going at the same time, which made relatively quick work when you have tons of small files.

Only thing I'm not liking about Flashfxp, is there's no ability to upload multiple files at the same time, as there is with Filezilla.
In filezilla for instance, you could have 10 uploads going at the same time, which made relatively quick work when you have tons of small files.
That's not something I'd noticed to be honest, as it's always done it sequentially. Does Filezilla allow multi-threading of uploads then?

It does indeed, yea, it allows up to 10 uploads running at the same time.
Although the downside is it can upset a server firewall if there's tons of connections being opened/closed in quick succession, heh.
It's been requested a few times on the FlashFXP forums from what I can see, but hasn't been implemented "yet".

I use FileZilla too :)
I used FlashFXP in the past. I bought it many years ago when they had a good deal too. I just went to their web site and see they have SFTP now. I think at the time I was using it it didn't have that feature hence my move to FileZilla.
I also use CuteFTP pro but it was buggy and strangely used too much computer resource.

I like FlashFXP, but I've gone back to the freebie filezilla, simply because filezilla can transfer multiple files at the same time (up to 10) whereas, FlashFXP can't.

I like FlashFXP, but I've gone back to the freebie filezilla, simply because filezilla can transfer multiple files at the same time (up to 10) whereas, FlashFXP can't.
That is what I think FlashFXP is really missing. Uploading a whole XF install a single file at a time from the UK to the US takes bloody ages! I now have multiple sessions open, and do folders in bunches.

Haha yep
Only downside of course, is the latency causes file transfers to fail, so as we've said before, you have to keep re queuing the files, boo :p
I think it's a planned feature for FlashFXP, but they seem to take an age to implement features, which is surprising given that it's paid for software.

Yep. I just can't bring myself to use anything else though. Maybe it's because I did pay for it, I'm biased towards it.

Back