Starting from January 9th 2019, cPanel supports the light version of the ea-apache24-mod_lsapi package.
This package can give the opportunity to use lsapi on other operating systems than CloudLinux.
But it shouldn't be used on CloudLinux systems as it does not contain the full functionality and does not have performance benefits.
The difference between ea-apache24-mod_lsapi (free with CloudLinux OS) compared to ea-apache24-mod_lsapi that comes with cPanel:
- Up to 10% performance increase
- mod_lsapi connection pooling provides up to 10% performance increase vs mod_lsapi shipped by default with cPanel. By re-using connections between Apache web server and LSAPI we are able to shave a lot of delays related to establishing a connection
- Faster startup after Apache restart
- with mod_lsapi, restarting Apache doesn't mean flushing opcode cache. Your caches stay hot between Apache restarts
- Fast time to the first byte (TTFB) with low memory footprint in a multi-user environment
- mod_lsapi uses process checkpointing (CRIU) to save the state of PHP processes. This lets us start PHP process for any user fully initialized and with hot opcode caches. This means that we don't have to keep processes running in memory to deliver very fast time to first byte (TTFB),deliver very low memory footprint and low TTFB
Therefore, the daily upcp update brought these packages to CloudLinux systems if the EA4 repository was enabled. And this caused problems for our customers.
At the moment, that package has been removed from the EA4 repository and will no longer cause a problem.
If the update is still happening (before we’ve removed the package),please run the following commands:
yum clean all --enablerepo=*
yum remove ea-apache24-mod_lsapi ea-liblsapi
yum reinstall liblsapi
yum install ea-apache24-mod_lsapi
It’s also advised to disable the EA4 repository (you will get the necessary updates from the CloudLinux repositories):
yum downgrade ea-apache24-mod_lsapi --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=cl-ea4
yum-config-manager --disable ea4
If you have any problems or comments, please contact our support team.