America - July 2015

eva2000

Customer
I went into Best Buy the other day. They hardly had anything component wise, so I ended up buying a Bose Soundlink Mini II instead. $200plus tax, and in the UK they are £170 :)
Take advantage of Amazon and other free delivery online stores hehe

AdamD

Hosting Customer
Heh damn.
I want to visit some friends in Florida at some point, but even in the "winter", it's like our summer there.

Matt

Owner
Heh damn.
I want to visit some friends in Florida at some point, but even in the "winter", it's like our summer there.
I've been to florida in October, and it was stupid hot for the first week. The second week, the humidity went away, and it was quite manageable.

Matt

Owner
Yea I'd like to go there for December time.
That should be more comfortable.

I've been in my hotel room all day with the AC blasting out, so didn't realise how hot it had got. It was uncomfortable this morning on my run, but it's unbearable now and it's almost 6pm

AdamD

Hosting Customer
Yea you can understand why AC seems to come as standard in homes over there. :p
I guess it's also down to climatizing as well, you must get used to the heat...somehow.
I whine when it's around 28-30 here, god knows I'd die if it was 35+

Matt

Owner
That's why I went out this morning for my run, thinking it would be OK, I had to turn around at 4km and come back.

AdamD

Hosting Customer
Is it a heatwave? VA is quite far north on the map
I always assumed the northern states were a fair bit cooler, but it doesn't sound like it.
Sarasota (where I plan to visit) is 31 right now.

AdamD

Hosting Customer
Yea, one extreme to the other in that country
I know we whine about the UK's lacklustre summers sometimes, but at least there's very rarely any extremes here, heh.
Hell the last semi-hurricane we had, was what? 1987?

Matt

Owner
Yea, one extreme to the other in that country
I know we whine about the UK's lacklustre summers sometimes, but at least there's very rarely any extremes here, heh.
Hell the last semi-hurricane we had, was what? 1987?
Yeah, would have been 87. I can only just about remeber it.

AdamD

Hosting Customer
I was 7 at the time, I remember it well, one of the few things I DO remember from that age. lol
Lost about 15 fence panels, 1 tile and I think that was it.
Damn rowdy weather. :p

Nick

Hosting Customer
Hope you enjoy your trip here, how are you liking the 'merican cooking? :EoF:

Heh damn.

It's pretty miserable here in the summer, I think it hit the mid-90's (Fahrenheit) today. It's the humidity that really makes it miserable. Strangely enough it gets down into the low 20s during winter which is a really nice break, unfortunately it doesn't last long.