America - July 2015

Matt

Owner
I've had my flights booked through work today, and I'm going to be travelling to America on the 5th July. I'll be there for 3 weeks. I will have full access to everything as normal, as I'll be working from our Reston office for the time I'm there.

toad

Managed Customer
I've been in the Reston area before.

So if you have time, you can visit the whitehouse and surronding area.

toad

Managed Customer
When you come back you can tell us the differences between the UK and USA.

I've been to the U.S. many times but i've never been to the UK. I wonder what people are like there..

eva2000

Customer
I've had my flights booked through work today, and I'm going to be travelling to America on the 5th July. I'll be there for 3 weeks. I will have full access to everything as normal, as I'll be working from our Reston office for the time I'm there.
Wow the land of cheap pc/server hardware...SSDs, cpus, etc if you're into that :D

eva2000

Customer
I'm going to look for an MSATA for my Ultrabook while I'm out here.
nice, get 2 so put one in external usb enclosure and regularly clone ultrabook's msata to external one. If the ultrabook one fails, would just be a matter or swapping them for near zero downtime :)

Matt

Owner
First week almost done. The humidity has dropped off, so it's been nice the last couple of days. Around 30c all week, with the odd thunderstorm. I'm going to take a drip into Washington DC tomorrow for some sight seeing.

Axel

Hosting Customer
Enjoy! Been to the US for the first time a few months ago. Went to Las Vegas. Was the last place I wanted to see, but did enjoy it ;)

Matt

Owner
This is my last weekend in America, so I'm not going to be taking on any additional work until Monday 20th. I'm also not going to be able to do any work during the day.

AdamD

Hosting Customer
Reminds me of the difference in petrol prices in the US vs UK.

From CNN, March 1st, 2012:
Gas prices might have breached the $4 per gallon mark in the U.S., but there won't be much sympathy for the American plight in Europe. In fact, that U.S. price of £2.52 a gallon looks highly affordable compared to the UK's current average cost of £6.22 ($9.85).