Am i allowed to send many emails?

toad

Managed Customer
I was wondering what happens if i send an email to all of my forum users.

I was to send a newsletter to members who clicked on "allow administrator to send me emails"

will my server allow it? i heard there is rules for send mass emails, or it doesnt apply to me because i have a dedicated server...?

I was wondering what happens if i send an email to all of my forum users.

I was to send a newsletter to members who clicked on "allow administrator to send me emails"

will my server allow it? i heard there is rules for send mass emails, or it doesnt apply to me because i have a dedicated server...?
You will be fine sending them. However, they may bounce or be rejected if the receiving party (such as Outlook.com) has your IP or IP block on their block list. They can also rate limit if they receive lots of mails from your server in a short amount of time.

too bad xenforo doesn't have an option where if i have 10,000 users, and 10,000 emails go out, it would send 2,000 every 15 minutes

i can't remember if outlook blocked my server, its not a big deal, i will try anyways

but since i have a dedicated server, my dedicated server provider(ovh), won't get involved if i send too many emails?

i like having a dedicated server, ovh doesnt seem to get involved in any of my business, i remember hostgator on vps was annoying

Back